Friday, May 18, 2012

Dim All The Lights Sweet Baby

As you probably already heard Donna Summer is gone.  If Aretha is the Queen of Soul, then Donna was The Disco Queen.  If you could put one face to the disco era it most likely would be hers.  What better person could you have picked, she was beautiful, sexy and had an unbelievable set of pipes that would dang near melt the microphone.  I read that she had been into excess of everything, drugs etc.  She finally got herself straight at some point.  She definitely left her mark on the music world.  We'll miss you Hot Stuff, RIP.

3 comments:

Pantymaven said...

She was a true "artist" and not like the "cookie cutter" types that are dominating the music scene today. Hearing some of her music again today was a nice trip back into "yesterday". Even though she was pretty much out of the picture these days she sure will be missed by those raised in the "disco era".

Anonymous said...

I remember dancing around my room while she belted out "Last Dance."
She is connected to the part oF my life when I had no idea what lay before me. All I had do was go to school and finish my homework. My original parents were still married and life was good...
RIP Miss Donna...

badside said...

PM: Couldn't agree more, amazing artist she was!

Rebecca: Sounds like a little slice of heaven; halcyon days!