Friday, June 01, 2012

The Art of Manara







Dumelang Readers!  I can't believe how quickly this year is passing, it's June already people!  So do you have some Summer reading lined up?  May I suggest a graphic novel (and I do mean graphic) illustrated by one of my favorite artists Milo Manara.  There are many to choose from as  he's done quite a few over the years.  As you can see from the pics above his favorite topic is the female form in erotic poses.

I first found Manara in the pages of Penthouse magazine.  They ran the graphic novel "Click" as a series, revealing a few more pages every month.  I was immediately a fan.  That story is about a refined, beautiful woman, the wife of an older rich man, who suddenly becomes a nymphomaniac.  It seems that a villain, a man who desired her, secretly implanted in her a device that with the click of a button, would turn her into a completely horny slut.  He follows her around tormenting her, turning the device on at the most unexpected moments, causing her deep humiliation and extreme embarrassment.  I won't tell you any more than that, as I wouldn't want to ruin it for you.

Manara's graphic novels have been translated into just about all the major languages, so you should be able to find it.  Unfortunately, it's currently a bit hard to find some of them in the US as they seem to be out of print at the moment.  Amazon does have a few though or you can check your local used book store for copies as well, they're actually more common than you might think.  As far as I know they are not available as e-books yet either, although this type of reading is perfect for that medium, so hopefully they'll be available soon.

If you'd like to know more about the artist, here's a link to an informative article.

3 comments:

Pantymaven said...

New to me but I've lived a pretty sheltered life... :-)

badside said...

LOL!

perfect71ps said...

Manara is fantastic I agree.