Monday, December 15, 2008

Farewell


A bit of sad news in today's post. You might have already heard, but the forever lovely Bettie Page has passed away. She was truly an American icon. Photos of her have influenced countless artists and models over the years. I wish you Merry Christmas Bettie Page and say thank you for being the person you were. I'll take this moment to again remind my readers that "The Notorious Bettie Page" starring Gretchen Mol is a fantastic movie to watch. I'm not entirely sure of it's biographical accuracy, but it does tell an interesting tale and the film is very well acted; highly recommended.

3 comments:

Pantymaven said...

Did you see the movie made of her life?

Anonymous said...

I, for one, will not miss her. I never thought much of her in the first place.

Obsessing on Betty is kind of like obsessing on Plan 9.

In the sense that that was so bad she was good. No one ever said she had talent.

http://tinyurl.com/jr100

badside said...

PM: I wouldn't mind seeing another film about her if you know the title or who starred in it I can look it up.

JaneyRuth: Hi and welcome. I'm surprised you have such strong negative feelings toward Betty. I think that she was talented as not everyone can be so pliable for the camera; a soft clay for the artist behind the lens to mold to his vision. At any rate, I do value your opinion, feel free to elaborate if you like.