Friday, July 20, 2012

Ancient Lingerie?!


Whilst cruising the  inter-webs I spotted this article about some ancient lingerie discovered in an Austrian castle.  The bra dates back some 600 years, which predates the modern bra by hundreds of years.  Apparently they thought the bra was invented in the 1800's but this old one proves that they've been around much longer than that.  Interestingly, the ancient bra actually had lacy adornments on it, so it seems even way back then the bra was something to be treasured and showed off to your gentleman suitors (or female if you were into that).  They also found what appears to be some panties as well, but according to the article, women did not wear panties back then so they think they were actually manties.  Tsk, such a shame that women didn't have panties, although I can appreciate a pantyless woman as much as the next guy!  Here's a link to the article in case you want to read up on it.

http://news.yahoo.com/600-old-linen-bras-found-austrian-castle-192408678.html

BTW, today I was planning on making a special post as this is number 555.  Unfortunately I ran out of time, so I'll do something later on and make it retroactive.  LOL, how's that sound?  Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Pantymaven said...

I don't know but I sure have my doubts...