Monday, October 27, 2008

End of an Era


Happy Diwali Readers! Diwali is an Eastern holiday celebrating Good over Evil, which to me sounds like a great reason to celebrate. Apparently the celebrants light candles or lights signifying the victory over evil.

On a down note, it is with great sadness that I mention that one of my favorite stores is closing. Yes, Mervyn's, the retail chain, located mostly on the West coast has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy and will be shutting the doors on ALL of its locations after the holidays. I have great memories of shopping for panties at various Mervyn's. They often had great sales and they carried their own in store brands of knock off versions of Victoria's Secret fashion panties. Alas, my collection outgrew the meager space available for my delicates and I haven't bought much lingerie in recent times. I guess my own shopping habits have added to the burden. The majority of my collection was purchased at these stores so I guess in the future, I'll have to find a new place to shop. Kohl's is very similar in look and feel to Mervyn's, but it's missing something that the older chain had, although I can't quite put my finger on what that was exactly. If any of you are near a store location, go in and have a look, maybe treat yourself to some lingerie there while you still can.

No comments: